Sunday 14 September 2008

Plans? Purposes?

Haha I'm very tired already.. it was a long (BUT powerful!) day YESTERDAY (it's 1.30am in the morning already), and the hide-and-seek game we all played totally drained my energy. Hahaha.

But anyway, I'm still gonna use a bit of this strength to blog since I suddenly have something to say, and at the same time waiting for Bx to discuss about something! Haha.

Anyway, I suddenly thought that my entire life was really perfectly planned and organised by God!

I was actually thinking that, if I had stayed near SengKang with Bx, I'd be taking bus home with Jacky, Bx, and many many other people! But then.. next came to my mind was that if I stayed near/at SengKang, I'd be studying in a school in SengKang!

Then I thought if that was the case, would I actually start learning the guitar when I'm in Sec2?

Then, would I be loving music as much as I am even after Sec2?

And if I was studying in a school in SengKang, would I be who I am now, loving the guitar, worshipping God with it, giving God His glory through my craft? Would I progress as far as I did if I was brought up in a totally different environment?

Well, we never know what God as in store for us! Let's just think simply, cause it makes things easier for us, and just have faith that God really has a destiny for all our lives!

Haha we can never know God's mind, or else we'd be God!

Humans by ourselves - by our fleshly selves - have much pride. We think that as long as we do well in life, we don't need God.

Some people do actually know that they are leading a purposeless life, and they complain, but they have never intended to find out what can truly be their purpose in life!

Sometimes it's so weird you know, that these people are so unhappy about their lives, but when friends go to them to suggest a PERFECT way out for them, they just are so unreluctant to try it out, and rather continue living in their life of depression, delusion, and materialism!

Pride. We call this pride. It is human pride that will cause the downfall of humans. I promise you, and I assure you.

Humans, by nature, are so caught up with ourselves that we tend to not look at things beyond the material and reality. I'm not saying that we should sit down everyday, do nothing and not being realistic, and daydream about things that might never happen!

But seriously, we look too much into the face value of life. We look at the front cover, but we never look into the hearts.

And that's why, many have not found their true purpose!

I'm so happy that ever since I went to church, I have found a purpose in my life. It is not a purpose that I'm running for on the material outside, but it is something that contains more depth, and I'm running for a greater value! I'm running for a value that is not about face, fame, money or status - but the values of FAITH, HOPE and LOVE.

These are values that this worldly society can never touch upon UNLESS their pride is taken down - unless people dare to take that step to humble themselves and accept a God so unreachable, yet so true, so tangible in our everyday lives.

No comments: