Tuesday 5 June 2007

Music don't go well with nervousness.

I am very sure everyone had heard about this saying "Nothing ventured"... then followed by "Nothing gained". Indeed, it has been true for many who have heard it, and believed in it.

For me, I'm sure I had fulfilled the former, but about the latter, the result is really clouded in mist.

Well, went together with Jerald, Gabriel, Vera, Hilma, and Linda for TJC Symphonic Band's audition, meeting Jonathan, Kenneth and Nicholas there -- not forgetting the rest of the batch who went there to support us (Zhafir, Cherie, Cheryl, Jiajun, Peixuan and Jolene).

Thanks guys for the support, but things happened as I had expected... kinda screwed up badly during the audition.

All because of one thing -- nervousness.

I couldn't pitch the freakin' notes while playing Fnugg 'cause:
1. I haven't been practising on my instrument for a month plus, compromising the quality of my sound.
2. The 1st valve was f**ked up which affected my pitching the higher octave notes.

Then came the scales and sight-reading... one word sums up the audition -- screwed.

Oh well, like Hanafi said, I did my best! All I can do is to hope for the best, if fate doesn't wants me to be in the band, then too bad. Nevertheless, in or out, I still must start working hard for my Prelims already.

And ultimately, O' Levels!

~ ~ ~

Anyway, gotta thank these group of people for the wishings on my birthday (in alphabetical order).

Thanks to:
1) AMIRUL (So sorry!), Asheem, Fiza, Hilma, Huanting, Imma, Jolene, Kenneth & Nicholas, Kwara, Linda, Michelle Aw, Pearl jie-jie, Rachel, Shawn, Steph, Syjia, Waikit, Xiangyu, and Zikai for the birthday wishings.

2) Rachel, Xiangyu, Natasha and Lenny for the RipCurl wallet!

3) Kenneth & Nicholas (together with Michelle Aw) for the sleeveless shirt. I so totally expected it! Haha!

3) The batch for the birthday bash... for the water bottle bath and pillar la! Lol.

4) And last but not least, my parents for celebrating my birthday with me!

Pardon me if I had unintentionally forgotten anyone's name here. But anyway, appreciate all these "thoughts that count"! ((:

~ ~ ~

That's all for today... off to play already!

Goodnight, Godspeed, and happy holidays! (:

No comments: