Wednesday 4 July 2007

I was just thinking...

You know, it's hard to say how complicating and contradicting this world is; neither is it easy to assume how simple and sweet this world can also be.

But if you were to sit down and really think of something specific in 3 different views (positive, negative and neutral), you will come to realise that right or wrong are just separated by a very fine line. Sometimes, it's really that difficult to differentiate the true meaning of right and/from wrong. Let's take something simple for example:

This one guy was born into a very poor family. Tough luck... parents tried their luck to strike it rich, but lady luck just wasn't on their side! So, for the sake of the family's welfare, he decided to do something that he would never try to -- rob and steal.

Now, in an instant, when you see the words 'rob' and 'steal', you'd already know that those two acts are wrong. They break the rules. They go against the law. They are crimes. However, despite knowing that these acts are wrong and he can be severely punished, the guy still decides to do so.

Why? It's for the simple reason that he NEEDS to support the family, he NEEDS to keep his family alive. He still DESIRES the chance to live on! (Now that's one good reason -- I will say -- that he wants to rob/steal)

Till here, do you get what I'm trying to say? Okay, then let's take another example on music.

It's very hard to say what good music and bad music is. Maybe what people might perceive good music as is that it should have a nice melody. Some might say good music requires beautiful and sweet lyrics. While some might say good music must have good vocals and great guitar riffs (for rock music specifically).

Now, when I think about people having the misconception that Metal music is a violent genre, I would then wonder, "I've been hearing a considerable number of Metal music, but I don't remembering Metal being violent!" (Except for satanic music which I really deem it as forbidden music)

Maybe that's the reason why Pop is called pop -- 'cause it was derived from the word popular!

And this, many people hardly venture out into the other aspects of music. Hence, they have never heard the different kinds of music music-lovers make.

Putting it simply, every artistes make music, but with a different style -- a style of their own.

And, from hearing that number of metal music, I really don't find any problems with Metal. Instead, I think Metal gives more kick than listening to other music (though I can't deny that I still do listen to common pop and rock music).

You might think that my habit of listening to music is weird. But I did consider that some people just dislike Metal, and prefer Pop as the genre that gives you the kick when listening to music.

So, what's right... and what's wrong?

I mean, this is really up to oneself, whether one thinks whether something's unforgivable or noble. Whether whatever someone says, does, or thinks is right or wrong.

So, despite all that I've said, right or wrong, we still have to face this reality... live or die.

No comments: